Tuesday, March 6, 2012

1st night/day on meds

Last night I took my meds at 9pm and went to bed around 10pm. My mind was racing as it normal does as I tried to get rid of all the stuff in it so I could get some rest. I woke up several times through the night only to realize it wasn't morning yet. Waking up through the night is also normal for me. I think I drink to much at night before bed and that is why I keep waking up. This morning I woke up a 5:30. WHY? I was wide awake. Yes I did have to go to the bathroom again, but this time I wasn't going back to sleep. I laid there watching my husband sleep, and my mind was racing with so many thoughts. I felt like I was having a sugar or caffeine rush.
I got up and went about my day like normal. Around 8 tonight I started feeling a little of the rush happening again. I decided to look up the side effects. I hate looking at these, there are so many it is crazy.

Here is a list from http://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-sertraline/article_em.htm

What are the possible side effects of sertraline (Zoloft)?


Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: skin rash or hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
  • very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, overactive reflexes;
  • nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination; or
  • headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops.
Less serious side effects may include:
  • drowsiness, dizziness, tired feeling;
  • mild nausea, stomach pain, upset stomach, constipation;
  • dry mouth;
  • changes in appetite or weight;
  • sleep problems (insomnia); or
  • decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.

Oh how I hate reading the side effects, it makes me question every little thing I feel. I found 6 Tips to Manage Your Wandering Mind, maybe these tips can help me from my mind wandering to far.

No comments:

Post a Comment